Thursday, May 21, 2009

Angry...

So hard to book a venue to celebrate B's bdae next Fri..ok, maybe im cheepo, wana book those places w promo, and its fully booked! But hey, havin a baby really shot up my expenses! The places i tried to book is Greenhouse at Ritz and The Line at Shang. 2 different locations, both 5 or even 6 star hotel and 2 diff sets of Service.

Greenhouse
The line was busy and i got transfered to the operator who politely told me that Greenhouse's line is engaged and she offered for them to call me back. She asked me whether its for the lunch promo (which made me feel cheepo nana for a sec, but its true. Ha!) i say it is and thats the end of the conversation.

Bragged to B how gd Ritz's services are as compared to other hotels as i always have meetings and corporate days there. Though it was abt 1 hr plus that they called back, they did! But sad to say, they are fully booked til 6th June and apologetically asked me wana book then, but B will not be on leave le. Can understand why its fully book. The place isnt that big and the promo is really gd! Book at least 5 days in advance and its 50% off the lunch (UP: $48)! And considering the no of ppl wrkin ard the area...its not surprising thats its booked.

Poor B, wun get to try there...but as for me, will be celebrating my fren's bdae there w my coll on the 26th June. Yummy!!

The Line
Called up and select the num to hear more abt the promo. Line was cut off after the automated message describing the promo ended. No options for me to trf to operator, nothing...Nm, called up again to select dining operator services. This was the conversation btw us.

Me: I would like to ask more abt the Flash the Age promo
Her: Oh, you have to call this no and select 2
Me: Ya, i did earlier on, but after hearing the automated message, the line got cut off
Her: It shdnt be, you have to call again, cos i do not know abt this promo.
Me: (in my head) this is the dining reservations hotline and you do not know abt this promo??
Me: Then do you know whether this promo is still on and the prices for the buffet?
Her: Yes, and she went on to tell me and further emphasised that she is not trained in this promo...

She shd ask me what i wana ask abt the promo instead of just curtly telling me that i need to call another dept! Can feel she's trying to end the call and tai chi me to the other dept...which i did..and if u tink the above was worse, the other operator was lagi jialat!

Me: Is the flash yr age promo still on?
Her: Yes, where and when do you want to book it?
Me: Next Friday at the line.
Her: Im afraid its fully allocated for the line
Me: Even for lunch and dinner?
Her: Im afriad so...

I can feel her sarcasm and her rolling of eyes thru the phone!

So pissed loh...and i dun believe its fully booked next fri for lunch and dinner...i tink they have a limit on the no of ppl who utilise this promo. Next fri isnt the eve of a public holday or a public holiday so to speak...haiz...so sian. Wanted to try the Line for ages...and i cant believe such a high class hotel like Shang have such rude, unprofessional and lousy operators!!

On a lighter note, it was the 1st time yest that my date(act it was BB la) sent me home in a car..haha..B say its like dating lydat..*grinz*

No comments: