Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thad's 1st Chinese New Year and our Vday!

Its Thad's 1st Chinese New Year and boy, the whole family is excited abt it. My mum bought his CNY clothes as early as Oct last year! I bought his shoes when i was in Malacca last mth, but sad to say, its a tad small. *sobz*

Technically, we cldnt pai nian this year and we cant give ang pao. However, closer relatives werent that pan tan and so, we made our usual rounds. Thad was at his usual quiet and blur self outside. Guess my headache will start next year when he starts to run ard. He was being passed on from one person to the next as relatives cooed and ahhed over him. And, as usual, questions like, so when are you trying for a girl came along. -_-

Brought him to River Hong Bao and he loved looking at the colourful decorations! Time flies during gd times and its back to wrk tml. B is off for the whole week and he offered to look after Thad by himself tml and Thursday ( Im off on Friday! ) My mum and i were like - Are you sure?? She even asked me whether Bb knows how to make cereal for Thad and i told her my worry isnt that, but is whether BB will REM when its THad's feeding time! LOL...

Aniwae, i guess shd be fine. I have supervised B today when he bathed and fed Thad on his own. Besides forgetting to rub oil on his tummy after bathe, the rest is A -OK! So ThadThad, i believe you are in gd hands..Nuttin to fear k! HA...

ok..now on my vday celebration..
As many know, romance became dead for me right after marriage. Maybe its due to us having a baby so fast or due to the increased wrkload on B, or just...ppl subconciosly took each other for granted. Was kinda upset over this as B USED to be so sweet in the past. Chocolates on my desk now and then, pressies presented in a 'surprised' way etc...For this year, as usual, i expect nuttin as B didnt mention anything and i didnt want to remind him again ( yes, i still believe guys shd take the initiative over such stuff! HA) So as i hear all my gal pals ard me arranging dinners, exchanging gifts, i cld only sigh in despair.

As the clock struck 12 and we wished each other Happy New YEar, B came to me and whispered - Happy Valentines Day! Go look in the drawer that you say smelled like Mothball ( ok, you wldnt want to know where) and i looked and i saw a small box, wrapped in Dior wrapper. It was a face highlighter cum blusher which is part of their limited edition Spring Collection. I didnt mention that i like it. Just that he knows i liked anything Dior and so he bought it to be on the safe side. *Grinz*

The next day, after coming back from a family dinner, i went to do my usual routine of changing thad into his PJs and went to bathe. After my bath, i went to check on Thad who was sound asleep. Beside him was a Tiffany paper bag. I thought he had taken out from my dresser, cos yes, hes able to reach and take things from my dresser! i went to check and my original one is still there ( YES, i finally bought my Tiffany Mesh Ring a few days back! A little pat on the back for the past year ) I asked B why theres another additional bag and there's where he presented me with a small envelop with a small note on a Tiffany card and thereafter the little blue box! It contains the pair of earrings that Jan and me were looking with adoration at last week when we are at the shop!

It was really sweet of him to surprise me lydat! Thanks Bb, for the arrangement. Love Ya! I still owe him his present btw...=p

I know i have been telling my closer frens how unsweet he has been since we got married. But before he did all these, we sort of had a mini argument the day before. I cant rem what was the thing we were arguing abt, but in the midst, i did lament to him on how he had slacken off the romance part for the past years..so i guess, i did actually hinted to him in a way! HA...

So to all couples out there, esp those married ones...Its really important to keep the fire going in a relationship. Small surprises now and then for yr partner means a lot. It does not need to be LV - expensive, just a card/letter or even small gestures like cleaning up the hse or for my part, helping to change nappies really go a long way. And hey, a little blue box now and then wun hurt. Do you know that not all stuff there are exp?!? Ok, shall stop here before i cook up another maelstorm. =p

Cheers everybody and have a tiger-rific year ahead! * Muackz*

No comments: